Saturday, January 02, 2010

Visiting family, friends and don't forget the snow

It's the "palindrome" day - where the day and month in reverse is the same as the year: 0102, 2010 I didn't actually know that I had to read about that in my brand spankin new Kindle.  It's also the last day of our trek upstate NY to visit friends and family.  I love upstate NY after a light snow, it's so picturesque.

Besides misplacing a few brain cells along the way ( if you find them, please send back pronto ) it was fun catching up with friends and family that we have seen in years.  I think what made it went so well was how we now keep up via social networking platforms.  Because are so connected in the digital age we didn't have to spend a lot of time rehashing any back stories.  Instead it was as if the conversation had been continuing all this time.

I was surprised in a recent study that found our culture is actually using texting, IM, email, Facebook, Twitter more then actual phone calls.  Looking back at this past year I would agree with that study, which just reinforces my commitment this year to do more face to face. 

So here's to a new year!

Posted via email from Michael's Ramblings . . .

No comments: