Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ten Minutes from Annapolis . . . @jlalo Rocks!

I work with some amazing folks and Julie Lalo happens to be one of them.  It's a blessing and a stroke of luck that in two very unique professional roles for me I surround myself with individuals who have so much to contribute, share and impact so many in such a positive way.
 
I am committing my space to Jule who shares a piece she calls "Ten Minues from Annapolis"  - she is so passionate in promoting nature and the outdoors in and around the Chesapeake region.  Here is a taste of what Jule shares with staff at NWF - You ROCK Jule.  Happy Holidays to you as well!
 

Happy holidays, everyone!

 

I think it should be mandatory that you make at least one snow angel in your lifetime. It's a perspective-changing experience that you can do anywhere, I can attest! And now, my anecdotal research is verified. National Wildlife Federation has launched our national "Be Out There" initiative for the express purpose of reminding all of us of the gifts we can give ourselves and our families every day. Take an extra ten minutes sometime soon to check out the new Be Out There website. I'll warn you that you'll need more than ten if you spend any time looking through the photo-sharing site, or plugging options into the NatureFind tool. I gave that link as a free gift to my nephew. He's just come back from a posting in South Korea, and is now ready to explore Maryland with his six-year-old. (Spoiler: I am not getting her the puppy she asked me for. The craft kits, books and princess tiara will have to suffice.)

 

And in the new year, consider sending the links below to a teacher you know, with the following introductory note:

Be Out There™  is National Wildlife Federation's initiative to inspire families across America to open the door and get outside! A daily dose of the outdoors improves children’s physical, mental and emotional well-being. Join the Be Out There movement to get children outside, connecting to nature.

The benefits of outdoor play are real: healthier kids with a life-long appreciation of wildlife and nature.

www.nwf.org/beoutthere

www.nwf.org/campusecology

www.nwf.org/ecoschools

www.greenhour.org

It's been my pleasure to get to know each of you this year. You have all been a great gift to me. May your travels be safe, your days be joyful, and your burdens be light.

 

Julie Lalo

Regional Representative (DE, DC, MD, NC, PA, VA, WV)

National Wildlife Federation

Chesapeake Mid-Atlantic Office

Annapolis, MD  21401

Posted via email from Michael's Ramblings . . .

No comments: