Friday, January 08, 2010

Clean Water - it's more then a passion

Starting on Saturday I'll be part of a team that will embark on a mission to bring together a coalition of organizations and individuals for 3 days to focus on the issues of the Chesapeake Bay and how we will keep or rather restore it to the point that it's clean.

The agenda is packed and I mean packed - lot's of amazing speakers with tremendous stories to share.  All of which I get an opportunity to participate in.  I'm indeed fortunate to indulge my passion for the Bay in a unique way, in this sense of providing technology to support the messaging, ideas to engage an audience, and keep the folks I'm charged to support connected and in constant communications with their peers and supporters.

I'm so excited to be once again working, dare I say playing in this arena again.  Being able to introduce streaming video services, VoIP in the mobile office, video blogs - yes, I'm very geeked to be part of this.  What I really love about my gig at NWF was how much I was encouraged to participate.  There was no questions asked and that for me was indeed the icing on the cake.

If you get a chance, please follow along - make sure you check out the twitter hashtag:  CleanH2O  or CleanH20 - some folks have used a Zero and not an Oh.  Of course there's the web page http://www.choosecleanwater.org/cms/conference - maybe you'll see or hear me online!

A little about the conference:

The Chesapeake Bay Watershed Coalition is excited to announce the first annual Choose Clean Water Conference!  Join several hundred key leaders of non- governmental organizations, the philanthropic community, elected officials, federal and state partners and green industry in three days of discussion about policy strategies to restore the hundreds of streams and rivers that flow into the Chesapeake Bay.

 

Posted via email from Michael's Ramblings . . .

No comments: