Friday, October 21, 2011

10 Friends - 10 Dollars, 10 Champions needed to Fight Cancer - #frakcancer Be Bold Be Bald

Baldcafepronto

I leave the house today, wearing my "I'm Going Bald . . . " T-Shirt and sporting my "Be Bold, Be Bald" head cap, get in my car to hook up with a pal for b-fast and I started to notice people looking my way and wondering: "why is this guy wearing a swimming cap in his car?"  

I'm positive they were thinking that - but I started feeling self conscience about the cap when it hit me . . . . people who are in chemo treatment are loosing their hair and going bald not by choice and must have similar feelings except - and I'm assuming this . . . loosing their hair has to be the least of their concerns, they are fighting to extend their lives - fuck the hair loss and fuck my feeling self conscience - pardon my French but I'm starting to learn more about this horrific disease in all its forms and it pisses me off.

So I got over wearing the cap - when I got to the restaurant and when my friend finally stopped staring at the cap, I was asked by our waitress what the scoop was, and I told her - I'm showing my support for those fighting for their lives and helping to raise funds along with awareness.  She asked if I'd actually shave and go bald - for the right price I said I would.  I know groups who have done that with their volunteers but for me this was a first step in the fight against Cancer.  I have had some close friends who lost their battle and a few who are currently fighting for their lives.  But I would do the deed - $500 donation would be all it takes to clip away and I'd film it, so I'm ready!

Now, if 10 friends could give just $10 today, that's an additional 100 dollars - 50 friends or followers and out comes the clippers - all of those funds will go towards the fight to end cancer.  AND it's a great way even after the event to show your support for those who - as we say at Fight Colorectal Cancer - are "Fighting for a Cure".

So it's NOT too late, don't delay: Be Bold Be Bald day is Oct 21 follow the action on twitter  FightCRC click here  for my fundraising page.


See you boldly and baldly next time and thanks my champions for your time and support!

PS. All donations (online and offline) will be accepted through at least November 15.

Michael Sola finds solutions and can translate tech into english. He's a blogger, invited presenter and speaker, he listens - he also rarely has to show ID to walk into a pub. Follow him at

orhttp://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelsola : his views and comments are his own. He doesn't like talking about himself in the 3rd person, just ask him.

No comments: