Monday, September 26, 2011


In a recent Droid commercial I saw this dude speak into his mobile while abroad and it translated what he said. Wow. Of course I said "I need that" because that's part of what we do, we see shiny new stuff that we need.
The app appears to work like a champ, I installed it and within minutes my mobile was speaking fluent Spanish and all I had to do was talk or type what I wanted translated. So the question is . . . . did I do something smart by installing this app or did I just perpetuate being lazy? Thanks to the tech I don't need to learn the language now, I can just type or speak it up!
I'l have to play with this a bit more to see if it helps me learn, after all good tech teaches us, shouldn't make us lazy. Of course I already have the French language down pact: I vood lick to go to ze hotel - I learned that from Steve Martin. See, French is easy!

Michael Sola finds solutions and can translate tech into english. He's a blogger, invited presenter and speaker, he listens - he also rarely has to show ID to walk into a pub. Follow him at http://twitter.com/michaelsola or http://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelsola : his views and comments are his own. He doesn't like talking about himself in the 3rd person, just ask him.

No comments: