Sunday, July 04, 2010

Gulf Could be Saved by Oil-Eating Microbes

I've been on a rant lately between my Tweets along with my Facebook posts on what is or rather what ISN'T happening in the Gulf. It breaks my heart when I hear the plight of the families, the waterman, the Americans who on this 4th of July don't have a lot to celebrate as their way of life - their culture has for the most part fallen apart due to greed, mismanagement and a total disregard for the very lives these bastards are making a fortune on.

I originally saw a video from another story about Microbes and how in Texas many many years ago this Gutsy Solution could restore the environment in Just 6 Weeks. Cleaning and saving wildlife is just a small piece, we have to control and destroy what is in the water before the dead zone kills it all. This microbe solution looks promising but here's the kicker, it's NOT being used! http://bit.ly/9yOPJB

I sometimes go back to the premise "what if I was King" - what would I do if I was in charge. For one thing I would put into action every tool, every resource and try anything and everything. I watched the Presidents address a few weeks back about the spill and he mentioned the bringing together of the best minds and I sarcastically said: "you're doing that now? how many weeks has it been and you're bringing great minds together now?"

How about loosening restrictions that allow foreign boats designed for oil extraction to come closer to US coast lines for help or don't restrict access of the press as the Coast Guard is now doing http://bit.ly/9pCbcf or tell BP they can't muzzle the volunteers and groups doing the work as they try with their "non disclosure" agreements forced upon all who work for them and if you don't believe me take a listen to Kindra Arnesen of Venice LA http://bit.ly/c0N06z

You remember the movie Dazed and Confused? There was a line said by a teacher just as school was letting out which in a sense applies: "Okay guys, one more thing, this summer when you're being inundated with all this
American bicentennial Fourth Of July brouhaha, don't forget what you're celebrating: that a bunch of slave-owning, aristocratic, white males didn't want to pay their taxes."

Let's not kid ourselves, this is all about greed. It's not about slavery and not necessarily about taxes but what I'm seeing as the obstacles in making things right and changing our dependency is very much connected to greed. When is that going to change?

- Michael Sola heads up the IT Dept at NWF, blogger, invited presenter and speaker - he also rarely has to show ID to walk into a pub. Follow him at http://twitter.com/michaelsola : his views and comments are his own

Posted via email from Michael's Ramblings

No comments: