Sunday, July 12, 2009

Tormented Squirrel

In a sense this has to be poetic justice, I've had squirrels torment my bird feeders, rip holes in my screened in deck to get at the bird feed - it could be worst, this could have been the video for the Squirrel Ball of Death as invented by my good friend Chuck Epps.

I can't go into details but picture this:

- a bird feeder hung by a long wire
- the wire is greased with a lubricant
- midway on the wire . . . an embedded nail ball
- smart squirrels work their way down the wire, hit the grease, pick up speed, hit the nail ball with their tiny heads, they then fall to the ground with a thump, dazed and confused.
- bird feeder remains in tact
- birds are happy
- humans are entertained

I didn't create the contraption, I'm just relaying the concept! Happy Squirrel watching!

Posted via web from Michael's posterous

No comments: