Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ash Wednesday - what to give up? How about carbon?


Saw this on one of my tweet feeds from Twilight Earth, a group who's
motto is: "Protect our Environment by Going Green - Environmental
Issues, Green World Wide News and Shared Discussion"
 
I'm one of those convenient Catholics who barely goes to church once a
week but when it comes to Lent forget it. I don't believe in giving
something up but rather doing somethime more, give back in some way I
don't normally give. However after reading the "10 Best ways to give
up Carbon" I my have to rethink that approach. The 10 ways were
simple yet effective.
 
 http://www.twilightearth.com/2009/02/10-best-ways-to-carbon-fast-for-lent-ash-wednesday-2009/
 
I may have a hard time convincing my crew to give up paper towels but
I had no idea how much water was used to make a Latte. Holy Coffee
bean . . . 50 Gallons! Check out this video.
http://www.worldwildlife.org/ted/latteflash.html

Posted via email from Michael's posterous

No comments: