Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Why do I use Twitter? I get asked this a lot . . . and timing is perfect come #11NTC

It's not because I have a short attention span and only have time to read 140 characters ( not words - as I recently was asked at a conference ) - BUT using Twitter connects you with that random tweet which can be a gold mine.

In sharing some information with one of the folks I follow way across the country that is currently in a deep freeze I got ReTweeted and as a result of their network was picked up provided provided a very useful link on a project that I am in the midst of: VDI - Virtual Desktop Infrastructure. This retweet was from a different group caled Lakeside Software who was most likely spending time scanning and looking for key terms . . . like VDI. Still with me?

Turns out Lakeside Software http://www.lakesidesoftware.com/ has a tremendous amount of information on the topic, including short videos, links and a ton of resources I would never in a zillion years have found if these guys were not using Twitter in this fashion.

The information from their web site will be very valuable as we move forward on this project at NWF and especially as the topic of Virtualization will be front and center on the tech track at the 2011 NTC Conference in DC - it so happens I'll be a panelist on the Virtualization session. http://www.nten.org I love twitter and twitter

Michael Sola heads up the IT program at NWF. he's a blogger, invited presenter and speaker - he also rarely has to show ID to walk into a pub. Follow him at http://twitter.com/michaelsola : his views and comments are his own

No comments: