Saturday, February 05, 2011

To iPad or not to iPad . . .

There are so many things I already can't stand. Typing, not a fan. The device is all about flipping screens and navigation of content, I get it. But productivity and practical use like entering lots of content, I'm not sold.

Right now the App I'm in doesn't rotate. Serious? Thought that was the selling point, rotate the device so does the screen. So this means I can't use the bluetooth keyboard. Thanks, not.

Oh, the bluetooth keyboard cover helps but it's mushy and has one shift key and the enter key where the other shift should be. Did I mention when in portrait mode you can't use the dang keyboard? I also don't know how long it stays charged but not long is ny take so far.

And it weighs a ton! With the cover / bluetooth keyboard and iPad this weighs more than my HP Notebook. Which has a cleaner larger screen AND has two shift keys. Just saying.

What else do I hate? The lack of editing a word. Evidently you get to backspace a lot, it's the Apple way.

I hate using the "hate" word, I "dislike" many of the features especially the auto word fill but live for spell check which I can't seem to turn on without the auto fill - that I really hate!

I guess I should try adding some custom apps like Facebook as opposed to using the browser. I did configure the Citrix App and surprisingly it worked like a champ. Of course it worked better with the bluetooth keyboard which died in the middle of testing. Uggg

Scrolling around the net was fun, the YouTube app was cool although I noted that lots of video links in facebook just opened another FB page and not the video. Had to use the link, not very seamless.

And if I have to backspace one more time i'm gonna scream. Too late.

No comments: