Saturday, September 12, 2009

Be Careful what you Tweet

I was playing with this Google auto search feature - how many of us Google our name?  I swear it's not vanity, the results may surprise you.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Where%20can%20I%20see%20michaelsola's%20official%20website 

So some of the results I expected, but then I started seeing some listings that looked, well - odd.  Thanks to the searching and API tools that have integrated Twitter posts into organizations web sites my name was showing up in some odd places.  

While I try and I'll say that again - TRY to be mindful of what I always say, I don't always think where it will end up. 

 
A few weeks back I did a post related to the obstacles I had using my insurance companies searching tools to find a Physical Therapist - after the first 4 attempts of dialing disconnected numbers I had my doubts of finding anybody in the Reston VA area.  Simply using the word Reston with NO hashtag or anything related to a web site or follower got me listed in a Reston web site.  

So regardless of where you contribute your thoughts or comments keep in mind, the online world is more integrated than you think.  

Specialization without integration is fragmentation - Peter Forbes

Posted via email from Michael's posterous

No comments: